[plug] [OT] ADSL modem resync

simon simon at plumtek.com
Tue Mar 29 09:23:49 WST 2005

Hi all

At home, every time the ADSL connection drops (ie when westnet do some work
etc) and comes back again, my modem resyncs fine and rp-pppoe reestablishes a
connection no problems.

At one of my client sites, it requires them to turn the modem off and on
again. The modem appears to be in some sort of inconsistant state. After they
reset the modem, rp-pppoe reestablishes a connection no problems.

Both modems are in bridged mode (obviously), so does anyone have any idea why
their modem doesnt recover in the same manner? Is there a setting I could try?

Thanks

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com