[plug] Up to date Ubuntu WAIX mirror: Pacific?

Leon Brooks leon-olc at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Mar 30 09:26:16 WST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:01, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:35, Michael Hunt wrote:
>> Does anyone know of an up to date Ubuntu WAIX mirror that carries Hoary
>> (the current testing branch)?

> Does mirror.pacific.net.au?

It does carry recent ISO images, including DVD-sized ones, including KUbuntu:

    ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/ubuntu-cd/kubuntu/dvd/20050321

The repository structure is unfamiliar and confusing to me, there's lots of
stuff saying it's updates but the leaves in those trees are only a hundred or
so bytes long. However, the main branch seems to have update-looking files
hunderds of kilobytes in size and timestamped yesterday:

    ftp://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/ubuntu/dists/hoary/main/binary-i386

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia