[plug] LCA 2005 - QF718, anyone?

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Thu Mar 31 21:08:20 WST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 08:49:40PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> About 3000km? Surely flying at 20,000 feet would be cheaper than flying at six
> inches over that distance? And safer, and more relaxing?

The travel itself is comparable in cost, but of course I have to pay
for accommodation along the way.  Or sleep in my swag.  Safer and more
relaxing on QF718?  Both.  But boring, and I've done it many times.
There's much more to see at ground level.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
That government is best which governs least.
		-- Henry David Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"