[plug] Debugging an apt-get install.. (EXIM4!!!)

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Thu May 5 16:51:32 WST 2005

Well, after 2 *INFURIATING* months of trying to install exim4, I still get
the situation where the install just falls asleep on exim4-base when
trying to upgrade to any of the given backports of exim4 for woody.

I have no idea how to progress alas :(

It gets to the setting up exim4 prompt and kind of falls asleep. I've
waited for upgrades. No luck. Google tells me nothing, and I'm kinda
getting deeply flustered by this.

Anyone have any idea how to debug whats going wrong?

The server is getting progressivly worse and worse with its spam load and
staff are getting really really really pissed off at me for not fixing it.

I dearly need help here.

--
 I wish a robot would get elected president. That way, when he came to
town, we could all take a shot at him and not feel too bad.