[plug] Debugging an apt-get install.. (EXIM4!!!)

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Thu May 5 18:04:11 WST 2005

THANKS!

I did the strace,  and found that it was spending a massive amount of time
processing an input directory that had a stupendous amount of files in
it.

So I deep sixed the content (it all seemed to be undeliverable crap) and
it worked smoothly.

The problem now is when using exim4-daemon-heavy I get mysqllib glibc
compatability crashes.

So I'm on exim4-daemon light. So far so good. elists work and so do users
etc.

Now I just have to grok this problem.

But at least I know how to cope with these horrors from now on :)

Shayne.

--
 I wish a robot would get elected president. That way, when he came to
town, we could all take a shot at him and not feel too bad.