[plug] spam filtering

simon simon at plumtek.com
Fri May 6 10:34:26 WST 2005

While we're on the subject, does spamassassin offer a proxy mode?

A client runs Blotus Notes but happily has a linux gateway, so Id like to open
port 25 to accept mail, filter it, then if it is kosher forward it to the
internal notes server......

I dont want to touch the notes server - whenever I go near it I get a stabbing
pain and can hear small children screaming and the sound of drums....

Shayne O'Neill (shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au) wrote:

> Having just (FINALLY! WOOOOOOT!) gotten exim4 running , and putting the
> sa-exim package on that interfaces to spamassassin, I've noticed to my
> amazement that the spam has seemingly vanished. Whereas I was getting 100+
> emails a day, 70% utter garbage spam + phishing attempts, Its down to
> maybe 20-30 in the last day , all real email and email lists.
>
> Also rulesdejure is awesome (syncs the rules up to the latest stuff from
> rules emporium).
>
> --
>  I wish a robot would get elected president. That way, when he came to
> town, we could all take a shot at him and not feel too bad.
> - Jack Handey (And now, Deep thoughts)
>
> On Fri, 6 May 2005, Daniel J. Axtens wrote:
>
> > Have you tried SpamAssasin? I personally don't use it, as Gmail
> > filters spam very well, but I've heard it mentioned as a spam killer.
> >
> > On 5/5/05, Jon  Miller <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au> wrote:
> > > Has anyone been able to contain or reduce the level of spam mail that comes into
> their system.  I'm looking for recommendations on solutions that works or at the very
> least reduce the amount to almost nil. The amount of spam is driving my clients crazy.
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > --
> > Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
> > The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com

Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com
mob: 0409113359