[plug] System Restore CD

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed May 11 08:47:09 WST 2005

G4U
http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/

This and a little scripting magic you should be able to make a
bootable CD(RW?) with this image on it.
Wont be much good to him if the PC itself dies, and replaces it with a
vastly different hardware spec machine.
I've used this tool before when I upgraded from an 80 gig drive to a
200 gig drive.. works quickly and without many complications.

Other than that I'd recommend maybe swapping the current build for a
distro with better support for such things..
Clarkconnect has an inbuilt backup system, and the install process
takes about 30 mins from their CD. It's so easy that a complete twit
could do it, especially if they had a printout step by step
instructions.

I believe SMEserver (e-smith) was good for this as well. http://contribs.org :
http://contribs.org/modules/xoopsgallery/view_photo.php?xoops_imageid=396&set_albumName=sme601&id=backup

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
Our OS who art in CPU, LINUX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy