[plug] Wireless Networking

Rob Davies rob at rjdarts.com
Sat May 14 22:43:41 WST 2005

Evening,

On 14/05/2005, at 7:37 PM, Chris Watt wrote:

> I've a Netgear WGT624 that serves a linux server via ethernet, a
> windows pc and two macintosh computers with wireless that for no
> reason at all will stop broadcasting and requires being reset or
> rebooted.

Try changing the channels to find one they like, usually it is 1, 6 ,
11 and 11 is usually the one of choice. Saying that netgear
recommends 6 for its 108mbps machines. The Macs will not do this
speed of course with airport.

Brings up interesting point OS X version? Tiger has improved WIFI a lot.
Standard Airport card or is it a 3rd party PCI?
Type of Machine?

Also make sure no microwaves in vicinity of signal and the distance
is another point, the Macs
also prefer WPA-PSK, which should be poison of choice anyway.

To do testing bring machines together or at least make sure the WIFI-
router is central to all!