[plug] Wireless Networking

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun May 15 10:50:49 WST 2005

Not a netgear but a d-link: I am on a main thoroughfare and it does this
in various ways from total lockup to partially working.  Sometimes, when
I can still look at the built-in log, I can see what amounts to breakin
attempts from an external source (flood of access attempts).  Access is
locked to mac address, so while not impossible, its difficult to break
in but that doesn't seem to stop them. (Ive seen no sign of success in
the internal/external logs that they ever have got in)

BillK

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 19:37 +0800, Chris Watt wrote:
> I've a Netgear WGT624 that serves a linux server via ethernet, a
> windows pc and two macintosh computers with wireless that for no
> reason at all will stop broadcasting and requires being reset or
> rebooted.
>
> any ideas what this is and how to avoid it?  there don't seem to be
> mitigating circumstances before it happens, it just seems to happen.
>
> i just had to reset then when i tried to send  this email
>
> cheers
> ~Chris

Home!