[plug] [OT] Acer Lappy

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed May 25 09:16:47 WST 2005

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 23:47, Phillip wrote:
> I think notebooks have not improved much in performance since 1ghz
> simply because of the power restrictions that the latest cpu's impose
> on the poor battery. When laptops start using hydrogen cells, there
> should be three times the energy at bay allowing more room for
> improvement.

I'd rather run my laptop for 12-24 hours on a smarter CPU. It's not as if
the CPU's normally pegged doing day-to-day stuff, is it? And if you're
gaming, it's rare to also care about battery life.

You might also find the airlines getting nervous about hydrogen cells
aboard their expensive, sealed, passenger-packed toys.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia