[plug] doorbell

harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed May 25 19:39:10 WST 2005

On Wed, 25 May 2005 20:21:57 +0800 Caleb Duggan wrote:

> I don't really want to spend much money on it lol..........may also want
> to connect it to other computers in the house.............

You could use UCC door sensor technology (or variant) ;-)

http://www.ucc.asn.au/services/door.ucc

Hmmm. Suddenly UCC door sensor technology has got all complicated.

If you have a spare serial port and a way to get the doorbell o/p
to the PC there are many options. Welcome to hardware hacking ;)

Once sorted, broadcast to other PCs over the LAN.

HTH
Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/