[plug] doorbell

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Thu May 26 02:23:11 WST 2005

harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au wrote:
> On Wed, 25 May 2005 21:55:08 +0800 Gavin Chester wrote:
>

>>Bloody hell!! Everyone had fun being complete geeks!!  You've either all
>>got too much time on your hands or too much imagination for your own good.
>>I can't believe some of the drivel that's being suggested - even by the
>>original poster with the problem.  Why us a sledgehammer to crack a nut?
>>Just re-read my original _ideal_ answer (below) - wireless doorbell,
>>wireless doorbell, wireless doorbell, repeat after me ... They're not
>>expensive - take them anywhere in the house.  Get a life.
>

> But Gavin, it's such an obvious, simple, effort-free, life-having solution.
>
> Where's the geek cred in that ?!

Once upon a time I had a 15" Woofer mounted in the ceiling above the door linked to a 300W amp and a
short digital recording of the old doorbell from the Addams family.
Scared the wits outa many a JW :p)
One particularly Scotch fueled party saw the recording replaced by a long "soggy breaking of wind".
That one only lasted until we sobered up.

Brad