[plug] Spam black lists getting HARSH...

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Thu May 26 12:20:18 WST 2005

The mail server I've started looking after recently has been spam
listed on three anti spam sites, one I managed to get us off.
The other two are bloody impressive..
I browse to "blars.org to try get us off the lis and this is what I get:
*****
403 Forbidden
Systems on BlarsBL are forbidden access to this site. Please fix your
spamming system or spam-sending mail relay. Occasionally you may get
this error trying to access non-existant documents that match certan
patterns.

There is now an experimental web page to check which list you are on
as well as to display other info.

Please note that I consider BlarsBL to be fairly hard to get on, but
even harder to get off of. Portions of verio, sprintlink, pacbell, and
supernet are there.

All of earthlink/mindspring/onemain/jps is was there, since they
auto-reject compaints about certain of their systems, and their
general spam-freindly attitude. As of this writing, they are on
delisted probationarily after indications that they may have turned
off their abuse report autorejector. (If your namservers know about an
address, your abuse desk has no excuse not to.)
******
So I can't get off their list from withing this network!
(their highly restrictive policies are a hoot to read..
http://www.blars.org/errors/block.html )

The other list makes it's list by blocking entire counties AND adding any
IP's listed by a list of other anti-spam lists.. BUT when the IP is
de-listed from the other lists they do not automatically follow suit,
nor do the promise to remove you if you ask nicely.
On top of that they don't tell you HOW TO ASK to be removed from their lists..
( http://www.jammconsulting.com/policies/dnsbl.shtml )
bloody harsh.

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
Our OS who art in CPU, LINUX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy