[plug] Discerning minds

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:52:38 WST 2005

No-one seems to have mentioned nano. I can use it without learning
funny vi/m editing commands: all the useful tools are on the command
line. Futhermore, it's almost everywhere (except spark.plug.org.au:
I've been meaning to complain about that, considering it is listed on
the top 10 commands.)

Xedit is OK, and runs on my P1, but it seems to have all the bad
features of emacs (like Ctrl-Shift-Hyphen to undo, and crazy
auto-indenting) without the the good features (like meta-! to get a
shell, or adventure, or the psychoanalyst).

> > So if you were forced into a choice of one or the other (vim/emacs)
> > which would it be?
Emacs. Without auto-indenting.

--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com