[plug] Linux friendly Laser printers

Quintin Lette qlette at gmail.com
Sat May 28 14:01:40 WST 2005

we have a brother hl-1430 that works great in Linux

cost was $200ish at officeworks

does 14pages /minute and haven't had a problem yet. Installation was
simple and SuSE 9.2 had the ppd.

I don't know about toner life, we are still on the first toner, and
although it doesn't have ethernet we just share it off one of the pcs
(with cups)