[plug] Mac networking

Carl Gherardi carl.gherardi at gmail.com
Mon May 30 14:57:45 WST 2005

On 5/30/05, Senectus . <senectus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have any if you guys ever network G4 mac laptops?
> Is there any particular tricks to getting it working with a 2003 domain?
> I've never had to use macs before and now I have to make three of them
> work on a 2003 SBS Domain... :-/ File sharing and printing being the
> most important.

It isn't as nice as it should be, depending on which version of os x
you are using.

Its samba under the hood, so I suggest playing directly with the samba
config before trying to get it working through the gui. Similar
problems exist when setting up a linux box to access (or be accessed
by) a windows domain, so they are probably your first resource. FWIW,
I remember an article (possibly on slashdot...) referencing issues
with Tiger and windows file sharing recently.

Cheers

Carl G