[plug] vim wars

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue May 31 13:55:06 WST 2005

At the command line I like to use nano.

But because I like to optimise my time and minimise my effort - my number one preference -  is to
use gedit in a GUI - because of its multi-tabbed interface it allows me to have more than one copy
of the same file open at the same time.

This is handy for modifying scripts to improve performance - while they are run from a console to
gauge the effects of any changes made.

Having more than one copy open at the one time allows me to compare syntax between versions - thus
allowing me to save the copy which gives me the best version for keeps.

vote 1 for gedit
vote 2 for nano

Regards Arie