[plug] Turning an out of date PC into a linux home entertainment thingymabob?

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 1 21:34:14 WST 2005

An nvidia 5200 is $77 at Austins (mine cost $65 some weeks back I think)
Card does DVI, and XvMC which can help with the cpu loading.  I am
currently using it on a monitor as I configure the system again
(watching TV now, I am almost back to the point where I had a HW
failure!)

DBV-T works fine with the Fusion card I have.  I have an old analog
BT848 card for analogTV and its not good at all - try and get one with
an on-board encoder but they are expensive.

BillK

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 21:12 +0800, Ari Finander wrote:
> [...]
Home!