[plug] [OT] Samsung SF-5100 printer port

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Fri Nov 4 18:43:10 WST 2005

Hello,

Recently I went out and bought a Samsung SF5100 laser fax. There is a
unidential twin product called the SF5100P which is also a laser printer and
comes with the printer cable and driver CD.

I was curious to see that the SF5100 also had a printer port. I immediately
went and got a printer cable and downloaded the drivers from the Samsung
website. I could not establish bi-directional communication in either SPD or
ECP + EPP modes nor could I print with either the product driver or the
generic text only driver. The job would vanish without spooling (default) and
fail with it.

Any idea if it is possible to modify the SF-5100 to unlock the laser printer
capabilities?

regards,

Chris Caston