[plug] Printer advice

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Mon Nov 7 21:24:12 WST 2005

Some advice please, but not a war.

Do any of you have any words of wisdom wrt colour laser printers, below
$1,000 and close enough to PnP with Linux?  I really like the look of
the Samsung CLP-550N Network Colour Laser Printer with standard
auto-duplexing.

There are other Smasung 500 series colour lasers below $1,000 too.
Samsung claim to provide Linux drivers standard, but does anyone know if
they're any good?  I've heard that HP always have good drivers available
for them, but the printers seem to cost more and the specs seem to be a
little depleated.

What I read on the net would suggest that Samsungs are reasonably cheap
to run also.  Any tales of 1st hand experience would be appreciated.

Thanx
Kev
Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!