[plug] borderless, fullscreen windows - fluxbox

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:35:20 WST 2005

> running without  a wm sounds interesting, never realised you could. any
> ideas how to go about that?

Well depends on how X is started. I would personally, have an entry in
inittab, that ran X with the only program starting being Firefox, and
having it respawn if it dies (of course, if it dies to many times to
quickly, having GDM do the respawning means it can catch the failure,
and stop it respawning)

If you use GDM, you'd make a session that instead of having a window
manager as the program started, just starts Firefox. I used to do it
for quake3 so I could have a quick game, without having to login and
load everything up.

I can't remember how I did it in an inittab atm though.

Tim