[plug] Opensource groupware STILL SUCKS!

Alex Nordstrom lx at se.linux.org
Tue Nov 8 16:46:18 WST 2005

Tuesday, 8 November 2005 16:27, Mr Shayne wrote:
> And keeping in mind there are *NO* viable open source alternatives to
> outlook on windows. I'm assuming we are all briefed on the trials and
> tribulations of trying to convince a completely unwilling staff to
> move to linux desktops.

So start deducting the cost of downtime and license fees incurred by
using proprietary software from the paychecks of the unwilling and
watch them change their minds.

Seriously, there's always going to be resistance to change, and changing
to more cost-efficient software is no different from, say, changing the
company car fleet to something more sensible. Change management is
probably the most important aspect of business leadership today, and
organisations whose leaders can't get support for such a minute change
as swapping a few icons on the desktop are likely to fall by the
wayside when a need for tougher transitions arises.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/