[plug] Last nights seminar

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Wed Nov 9 17:08:58 WST 2005

Bret Busby wrote:

> Someone last night , said something about pine gap monitoring all of the
> telephone conversations in Oz.

Well the organisation which does all that monitoring I understood to be
the DSD (Defence Signals Directorate), and I further understood that
those large "golf balls" on the hills as you approach Carnarvon belonged
to them for precisely that purpose.  That doesn't mean that the little
squared eyed men (and women) who do all the work aren't in Pine Gap tho.
  Particularly when you consider things like where the air traffic
controllers for Perth airport are located.

Cheers
Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!