[plug] These prices are HOT

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 11 12:57:26 WST 2005

I am having some "issues" with oo2:

A writer document that was saved off in the new format now hangs on open
(20 mins till I killed it)

some documents take forever to open (network lookup timeouts perhaps -
god knows why as its all local ... possibly the same as above, but the
delay is usually only a minute or two (loading stops, no activity, then
at a random time later it starts off again), not "never"

not the most stable app around, esp compared with its predecessor which
"just worked".  Sometimes it crashes, sometimes refuses to open, and I
am starting to suspect its taking gnome out at times as well.

Love the new interface, but I might have to go back to 1.15 until
stability catches up.  In reading the above, keep in mind that it could
be a case of YMMV.

BillK