[plug] [OT] adsl and phone system issues

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Mon Nov 14 15:05:14 WST 2005

At 02:19 PM 14/11/2005, Adam Davin wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Sorry for the off topic post but I thought someone here might be able to
>point me in the right direction.
>
>I have two clients who are using a phone system and whenever the line
>that the ADSL is on rings, the adsl gets cut off.
>
>The details of one of the phone boxes is:
>
>Aristel Av 38
>Key Telephone System
>Digital Control Unit

Hi Adam.

The website http://www.aristel.com.au/Enquiries.asp might help.   Also how
is the adsl filter connected?   If right at the incoming line all should be
well.   If you have the chance, try to get the C10100 "remote filter"
mentioned in a posting some months back.   That has one pair in and two
pair (one for the continuing line, other for the adsl modem) coming out.

When you say the "[box] clicks" sets me wondering if this is a mode 3(?)
device like a burglar alarm... they sit on the line and take priority,
cutting off any in-progress calls.   So you'd have to tap into the line
prior to that point - ie. just as it enters the premises.

HTH,
Denis