[plug] urpmi

garry garbuck at westnet.com.au
Mon Nov 14 22:39:31 WST 2005

I had Mandrake 2006 cark after trying to install the Nvidia driver... It
got very ugly, wanting to install xorg [already there....]

So I reinstalled with the Mdk 2005 disks and updated to 2006 again.. Now
I've got a dependency [libperl.so] which supposedly should be met with
perl-base and perl.. It isn't, they are both there...

What I can't work out is how to see the *version* requirement for the
dependency....

btw, the program which brought this to light was vim.

Any ideas? Anyone else noticed a problem with the Mdk 2006 dependencies?

Garry