[plug] Bloody Telstra

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Wed Nov 16 08:24:10 WST 2005

David Dartnall wrote:
> Last month we received a letter from Telstra saying in part:
>
> ... the monthly line rental for HomeLine Part services will increase
> from $26.95 to $31.95 from the 1st of December 2005 to recover more of
> the cost of providing access to this service.
>
> How can we get away from Telstra? Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> I know this is 'OT' but maybe there will be a Linux flavour in the
>
> regards
> Dave D

Don't ya just HATE that...anticompetitive pricks, and the government's
letting them do it.

I currently have my mobile with Optarse, local calls with Telslut, ADSL
with WestNet and land to mobile, STD and ISD calls with WestNet...once
WestNet provides a full phone service I'll prolly change to that but it
doesn't change the fact that Telslut's still getting paid somewhere
along the line.

Yes, the mobile phone coverage with Optarse sucks up here but I'd rather
pay Optarse every month than give more money to Telstra. Might give
Vodafone a go when my contract with Optarse runs out.