[plug] Bloody Telstra

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 16 06:58:31 WST 2005

There's a number of alternatives: I moved to iinet and besides saving a
heap of money (inet + phone bundle), it seems much less of a "blood
boiler" (the mobiles went to vodafone prepay - big big saving there as
well).  There's probably cheaper, but I am very happy with the service,
and dont regard myself as being "gouged" as I did under Telstra.

Unfortunately you still need a copper wire and provider for it as far as
I can see - a SIP phone on ADSL over wireless may be an alternative if
available.  Check if a neighbour has an open wireless connection ...
errr, forget I said that ...

BillK