[plug] OT - but only a little, cygintl-2.dll not found

Chris Griffin griffinster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 15:43:26 WST 2005

On 11/16/05, Ryan King <ryank at globaldial.com> wrote:

> If you are using a shell compiled against the cygwin libraries, then yes
> you do. You might want to check this out:
>
> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
>
> That only has zsh I believe. I haven't heard of any native windows
> ports of bash (haven't tried googling it though ;P).
>
> Ryan
>
> On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 15:17 +0800, Chris Griffin wrote:
> > I am trying to run some Unix toold in the good OLD DOS shell, if you
> > can call it a shell.
> > I keep getting a box popping up saying that :
> > "This application has failed to start because cygintl-2.dll was not
> > found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"
> > I do not have cygwin installed and woudll rather not have to. Google
> > gives me lots of hits on this message but no solution, other than
> > installing cygwin. Do I really have to go that far?
> >
> > Chris Griffin

I have tracked down the reason for this. I was trying to use the Berkeley
tools and when I did some commands (like ls) is when it popped up. It seems
that when I installed OpenSSH it slao put some such tools in it's area,
which is at the head of the PATH.. Looks like it wants cygintl-2.dll.
I have seen reference that seems to say all you need to do is put the dll in
the Windblows/system or Windblows/system32 dir?