[plug] Bloody Telstra

Ashley Jennings fooscope at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 21:32:17 WST 2005

On 16/11/05, W.Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Cable penetration in Perth is quite low. Even Shepperton Road which is
> near inner city lost its cable some time back when power went
> underground.  So we need satellite for foxtel.  Cable looks like its for
> inner Melbourne/Sydney and few other select areas only.
>
> I think the near future might be WiFi meshes if roaming/coverage can be
> sorted out.  Perhaps the Perth FreeNet might form the core of something
> like this ...
>
> BillK

At the VOIP seminar last week Adrian, who gave the talk, had a
wireless enabled mobile phone. Regarding their use over Perth FreeNet,
I asked if they could do cell handoffs and they can.  Haven't heard of
anyone doing this anywhere yet.

Ashley
http://gumnut.sf.net

PS.   and yes, I realise coverage would be a little sparse.  ;-)
        sparse today that is...