[plug] Bloody Telstra

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 14:06:32 WST 2005

On 11/16/05, Alex Polglaze <apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au> wrote:
> Senectus . wrote:
> > On 11/16/05, Alex Polglaze <apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >>He said that we would never get fibre optic here as Telstra had basically stopped rolling
> >>it out and everything would be going wireless.
> >
> > Bwahahaha pipe dream :-P
> > Though they're saying now that over the next 12/18 months they will be
> > replacing 1:1 CDMA towers with 3G (and later 4G), I bet that will go a
> > long long way to giving broadband to the bush...
>
> You may be right, but I live in Stirling, 8kms from the centre of Perth.

CDMA works in the city doesn't it? ;-)
I suspect the guy was either full of it, or fed lots of it ;-)
Telstra _IS_ still running fibre.. only it's mostly to the exchange
(should be nearly completed by the middle of next year).
If you want a company with more fibre than anyone else in Perth, it's AMCOM :-)

--
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
CNet News.com: So that would be the philosophical difference between