[plug] [OT] Sony malware on Windows

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Thu Nov 17 12:46:41 WST 2005

Seems like Sony Copy Protected CDs are installing DRM software on
Windows computers that act remarkably like malware - see
http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/10/sony-rootkits-and-digital-rights.html

This person is unhappy. I doubt that I'll ever pay for a Copy Protected
CD. I hate the very idea. (But "ever" is a long time, so ...)

"But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not
 imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed
 at Columbus, they laughed at Edison, they laughed at the
 Wright brothers but they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
            -- Carl Sagan

Linux Counter user #306629