[plug] [OT] Sony malware on Windows

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Thu Nov 17 12:52:02 WST 2005

Little bit behind the times there, been a fair bit of stuff happening in
relation to it in the last week or so. :)

There has been a virus released that exploits the hidden files
functionality of the "rootkit", a lawsuit against Song BMG over the
issue, Microsoft have classed it as malicious software and Sony are now
recalling all of the CDs and will be setting up an exchange program for
ones already purchased.

More here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/16/sony_withdraws_xcp_cds/ (with
links to the other articles at the bottom)

/ Ben