[plug] [OT] Transforming a technician run company

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Thu Nov 17 16:30:25 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 09:07, Chris Caston wrote:
> Transforming a technician run company into an entrepreneurial business
> and franchise
>
> I wish to discuss this. Who wants to suggest a time and venue?
>

> regards,

Hi list,

I've had a couple of replies so far. This is basically what I have
written back:

I want to get some control over my life work on my business rather than
in it as stated in the E-myth revisited. ie to have a business that
serves my life rather than consumes it. This may also become a manifesto
for the liberation of all self-employed manager/entrepreneur/technician
people that I believe have most of the disadvantages of being a worker
AND of being a boss and very few of the advantages of either.

I also want to move my business
into an office/workshop (that ideally that business has put the deposit
down on and is mortgaging it rather than renting it) and develop the
business to the point where it can employ people even though I have
limited funds at
the moment.

I hope to make the business so that it could be franchised even if it
doesn't end up being so. I'm also happy to make it an open source
franchise if it is practical to do so.

I would also like to make the business so that there is a recruitment
procedure allowing the "new blood" techs to learn the ropes (most likey
on a 18 month traineeship) fixing PCs for home users and micro
businesses as they are readied to work with higher end enterprise
technologies. Mature age trainee-ships are also very possible.

People that would love to become involved in any way possible (such as
contributing mental capital to design the franchise and or becoming a
partner ) please speak up.

regards,

Chris