[plug] [OT] Transforming a technician run company

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Thu Nov 17 16:44:55 WST 2005

Hi Chris

I'd be happy to have a chat sometime since what you are describing is
basically exactly what I managed to do with my business at one stage. We
always designed our business systems (record keeping, job sheets etc.)
to work as though we were a much bigger organisation, franchise etc. and
ultimately that was the end goal more or less.

I started it in 1997 and by 2003 I came to work in order to make it
bigger and better, find new customers, new suppliers, better products
and refine our systems.  On the days (or weeks) where I took time off,
the business still ran and I still made the usual amount of money. I had
excellent staff too!

Some images of PC-PHIX in full swing remain on my website.

What unfortunately changed this was when I ended a defacto relationship
of 5 years and in the same weekend had a car accident which put me off
the road for some time, some personal health issues followed the next
year and having moved house 3 times since then and virtually started
again (financially speaking), I think I have a lot of experience of the
do's AND the don'ts as I am now doing the same thing (building a
business I can own rather than run) for the second time...

If you want to chat more, drop me a line at the usual address
(jonathan at pcphix.com).

- Jonathan.