[plug] [OT] Transforming a technician run company

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri Nov 18 11:08:18 WST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 21:50 +0800, Jonathan Young wrote:
> Senectus . wrote:

> > >  Isn't the [OT] in the header designating that ?
> > >

> > Cluttering the tech list with non tech "stuff" isn't nice etiquette.
> > We have a whole separate list for that sort of "stuff".
> > off-topic at plug.org.au
> > Sign up to it.. no real rules there except "be nice" ;-)
> >
> If you are signed up to both then messages that are really from the
> off-topic list (apart from having a different To: and Reply-To:) have
> [off-topic] in the subject.
>
> Messages with [OT] and [slightly OT] are just messages posted to PLUG
> by people who knew that the content was going to be considered OT...
> but did it anyway.

I tend to regard [OT] messages as those that are strictly-speaked OT,
but of interest to Linux users anyway. I would include a discussion on
how to transform a computer support business to fall under that heading.
How to make your front door bell sound like a flock of seagulls would go
under "off-topic".

There are II types of people - those who can count like Romans and
those who can't.

Linux Counter user #306629