[plug] SOHO security and multiple LANs

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 15:11:01 WST 2005

Damned painful, convoluted and expensive. (don't forget the most
expensive cost to any network isn't the hardware or even the software
licences, it's the "overhead" of managing and fixing said network)
You'll get the same result buy placing a single nic on each machine
then a competent dual nic firewall (Linux or otherwise don't care as
long as it's a capable device).

If you really wanted to be paranoid you could VPN each PC to the net
connection.. and only allow VPN activity to be your Internet activity.
Then you can turn it on/off pretty easily.
but even this idea seems silly to me.

The real question is what are you afraid of, what are you protecting?

--
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
CNet News.com: So that would be the philosophical difference between