[plug] Automated Domain/Mail/Log/Apache setup Script

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue Nov 22 11:42:49 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 11:30 +0800, Shannon Carver wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>

> As our company’s slowly grown from just occasionally adding
> domains/mail/www services (I didn’t mind doing this all buy hand), to
> more than one a day, its becoming a very time consuming job firstly
> setting up the dns, then apache, then the mail for that domain and its
> sub domains.
>

> Now, a bit of background, I used to work at an ISP, and we had an
> automated script, that’d create base dns information for bind, another
> virtual host directive for apache, and add the new domains to our
> server.  Does anyone know of any packages that can do this, or
> something similar?
>

> I realise that this is a completely subjective thing, as a script
> written for debian isn’t necessarily going to work with a fedora
> server, as well as differing mail setups, and config directories
> causing problems in the same way.
>

> Is there any thing anyone’s used before, or am I best to quickly make
> one up for this system?

A place worth looking is at Webmin http://www.webmin.com/ Since Webmin
is supposed to make admin easier for non-techies. I would search there
for you, but my internet access is a bit strangled at the moment.

HTH

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
   --Philip K. Dick

Linux Counter user #306629