[plug] Hedzup for LCA2008 or LCA2009

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Tue Nov 22 15:18:26 WST 2005

Ben ya bloody panzy...cyclones are half the fun (and I know you're gunna
say it so I'll beat you to it - I fell asleep two hours before Rosita
hit at 1am in 2000, so what :P) and you never know, people might ENJOY
the humidity, some monsoons and thunderstorms and the ability to wear
singlets and shorts after the sun goes down and not worry about getting
cold.

Town is normally around 15,000 people...it can swell to over 50,000
during tourist season which is why you have to book in advance, but, if
you want to investigate having it up here you could check with the local
hotels/motels and see what vacancies they have for next dry season,
there should still be some spots available but availability is probably
running out real fast !

Wet season (starting about now) you've got more chance of getting
cheaper accomodation and having more room down the beach and at the pub
because most of the tourists are gone...but prepare for some heat:
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/local/local.jsp?obs=94203&fcast=94203&img=radar&rad=017&pcode=6725

So long as you book well in advance in Dry Season you shouldn't have
problems.

I still reckon it's be GREAT to have it up here, no matter what time of
the year.