[plug] Test - No messages today

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Thu Nov 24 16:14:56 WST 2005

Gregory Orange wrote:

> Bennett, Phillip wrote:
>
>> When I can get away with it...  :)
>>
>> It's not like I use it a lot, just maybe a couple of messages a month
>> kind of thing.  I don't talk a lot, I just like to be contactable.
>>
>> Does anyone else use this kind of thing at work?  Or have I had it too
>> easy up until now?  :P
>>
>> Phil.
>>

> We have a fairly informal office culture (of 50 odd staff), which
> works very well - the overriding policy is that you put in an
> acceptable (37.5hrs or whatever) working week of actual work.
> Consequently ICQ sees a fair bit of use, actually I've got it and gaim
> installed myself. That said, I use it like you do - online for being
> contacted occasionally.

A close friend of mine works at a mid-sized busy drafting company which
allows these sorts of things under similar conditions.  However, further
than that, during lunch or after work etc, having quite high end
machines, the employees (joined by a few of the honches I'm told) are
allowed to play networked shoot-em-up games etc around the office.
Morale is quite high at this place I'm told.

Cheers
Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
"Jesus Christ is the centre of everything and the object of everything;
He who does not know him, knows nothing of the order of the world
and nothing of himself."             Blaise Pascal