[plug] Test - No messages today

Mr Shayne shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Nov 24 19:56:17 WST 2005

>> I banned chat programs in my office (including ICQ) as I don't like
>> paying staff to chat to their friends and interupt their work to do it.

The trick is, is to put on a jabber server and lock it, so it doesnt
interact with the wider jabberverse , then just get em to interact via
that. If its a small office, theres no need however, but at the guild,
where we are spread over one of the largest campuses in the country, its
pretty essential. That said, much to my chargrin, the prefered messenger
is MSN. bah. listen to the IT guy will yas!

> Where we used to do most of our post-production they had a bunch of
> work-for-the-dole recipients.  There was one that kept putting mirc on the
> office machines and he'd spend his entire two days a week there just IRCing
> to his friends.  Tax dollars hard at work

Geez. mIrc ought be classed as malware, considering all the bloody viruses
that thing attracts.