[plug] Installing Debian GNU/Linux onto a USBkey

Ashley Jennings fooscope at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 20:57:17 WST 2005

Hi,

I am starting to research methods for installing Debian onto a USBkey.

My goal is to create an install which will boot any box into a console
application(gumnut) that is then able to write back to the key for
data storage.
A secondary requirement is to automatically pick up available LANs or
setup a dialup connection.

Currently using a 256MB key and looking to keep the installed size to
a minimum to be usable on smaller keys.

I'm following the steps in this link, which is for an encrypted
filesystem but this is not an essential requirement.

I'd be very interested in information,links or experiences from anyone
who has had success(or not :-) with similar installs.

Ashley
http://gumunt.sf.net