[plug] Modem disconnects

Mark J Gaynor mark at mjg.id.au
Mon Nov 28 15:27:36 WST 2005

It seems the connection is stable, as you connect for 114 minutes, is this
the
same for each disconnection. If it is, then you either have a
setting/process that
is killing the connection on a regular basis. Is there another service or
phone
across the line, this may be the cause. Some phones charge a capacitor from
the line and this causes disruption to pppd and usually long enough to time
out.

Your phone provider may see a line that appears to have hung and resets the
line.

This is just off the top of my head without knowing anything more.

Mark