[plug] PDA's

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:41:13 WST 2005

On 11/30/05, Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 23:52, Chris Watt wrote:
> > When it comes to this i'm fairly useless as I've never looked into it before.
> >
> > What I want to do is basically create and maintain a database of phone
> > calls, kms travelled, etc.
> >
> > If anyone knows of a platform (palm or windows i guess?) that has a
> > good database program that i can sync/backup to my mac that'd be
> > awesome too.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> I bought the Palm Z22 which provides a simple flat file database called
> MobileDB. It uses the palm database format and can easily be synced with
> a Windows machine. I haven't tried with Linux or Mactel yet, however,

I have an XDA2 (smart phone, like a mobile phone crammed into  an
iPaq), that will do most of what your after.. Not sure about mac
integration but getting it to sync with Linux is an interesting bit of
fun. (ie not for the feint of heart)

Incidentally I'm trying to sell it at the moment (along with a brand
new never installed car hands free/docking kit) if anyone is
interested..

--
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
  I will write on a huge cement block "BY ACCEPTING THIS BRICK THROUGH