[plug] PDA's

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Wed Nov 30 10:59:11 WST 2005

Senectus . wrote:

>I have an XDA2 (smart phone, like a mobile phone crammed into  an
>iPaq), that will do most of what your after.. Not sure about mac
>integration but getting it to sync with Linux is an interesting bit of
>fun. (ie not for the feint of heart)
>
>Incidentally I'm trying to sell it at the moment (along with a brand
>new never installed car hands free/docking kit) if anyone is
>interested..

Only from one computer geek to another could you get away with the
contradiction that we so often see when buying or selling second hand
computer gear...

"It's really great.... but it's hardly been used!"

"I can highly recommend this one..... buy the way, I'm selling mine!"

"It also has a really great hands free kit... I've never installed it."

No offence / harm intended, Senectus, as I have found myself saying
these kind of things on more than one occasion.

With most people who are buying second hand electronics (and cars),
unless you are leaving the country / getting married / selling
regretfully / have just bought the latest model that is out of their
price range, they would assume that if you don't want it it's no good to
them! ;)

When it comes to the rapidly changing market of handheld technology it
is not hard to understand that you may be ready for the next model
before you've fully used the existing one - that's computing and the
continuous upgrade path we take.

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX