[plug] XMMS problem

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Wed Nov 30 13:45:27 WST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 13:46 +0800, Jon Miller wrote:
> I seem to keep having the same problem with XMMS.  If I select a track
> to play it scrolls through all the tracks in the playlist without
> playing any of them.  I was told this had something to do with a setting
> that streams the track to disk.  I cannot find the setting that is doing
> this.  Does anyone know how to stop XMMS from doing this and making the
> setting permanent?

This happens to be if I load a playlist and the tracks don't actually
exist at the specified locations.

For example:  I create the playlist from a network share.  I then load
that playlist and the network share is not mounted - XMMS will behave as
you described.  Same goes for moving/renaming local directories.

Try recreating the playlist perhaps?

Ryan