[plug] XMMS problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Nov 30 14:02:00 WST 2005

Thanks for that you were right, the playlist was pointing to a CD that had umounted.  I pointed it to a directory on my system and it's fine.

JLM

Jon L. Miller,  ASE, CNS, CLS, MCNE, CCNA
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au
Resellers for: Novell Gold Partner, Cisco Partner, Peopletelecom, Westnet, Sophos Anti-Virus,

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> Shannon.Carver at P-S-T.COM.AU 1:43:48 pm 30/11/2005 >>>
Does it fly through them all??? Like many, many a second...  I get this
if a file is unreadable after I haven't mounted my MP3 drive properly,
or the files been moved from a directory, or of course the file
permissions aren't right.

I think what you're talking about is the Disk Writer plugin (Which I
wasn't aware XMMS had).  In Winamp (Windows, gasp), you go into output
plugins, and you change it from Sound out/DirectSound out to Disk
writer, and it writes the MP3 to the hard drive as a WAV file.  This was
useful back in the day when Nero/Easy Cd etc etc didn't let you burn
MP3's...

Anyway, back on topic.  I'd say its skipping through all your files
without playing them because the playlist might need to be updated or
file permissions wrong.