[plug] Printing from Fedora Core 4

luca trifelli luca at trifelli.id.au
Mon Oct 3 11:05:23 WST 2005

Hmmmm....OK,

I've two network printer, one is the Kyocera 3800 and the other is a Xerox
Phaser 8400.
Let's focus on the Kyocer at the moment.

I've been trying to use either Fedora's printing thing and the CUPS
(http://localhost:631)

Fist of all I've started installing the shared printer by using the CUPS,
but I gave up after few attempts, it is a bit too hard to use for my
understandings...
Then I've used the FC4 Printing Tool, which has the shared printer
(Kyocera 3800) in the list of available drivers!
After completing the installation, everything appear properly installed
and ready to go but.... the print jobs are not being sent to the Kyocera.
My next step was granting full access to the windows printer share to
everyone and obviously this did not do the trick.

I believe that the problem is not within FC4 but Windoze.
I'll be running a couple tests today and I'll by sticking on Windoze's
permissions to the share.
If you have any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks, Luca