[plug] [OT] VCR to DVD

Rob Davies Rob at rjdarts.com
Tue Oct 4 00:45:06 WST 2005

On 03/10/2005, at 7:59 PM, Richard Meyer wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 19:21 +0800, Chris Watt wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I have a client in Secret Harbour that would like to transfer some
>> VCR
>> tapes to DVD discs.  Does anyone know of anyone in the area that
>> could
>> help them out?  I don't have the equipment and they have only a
>> Laptop
>> (I don't think they would be confident with it anyway).
>>
>> If not, does anyone know a way I could get it done for them cheaply?
>>

> The guys who do wedding photography would know - what they'd charge
> is a
> mystery to me, though.

Check through PLUG archives same question same answers a few months
back (see below). Only variance is that digital video and audio will
need to be encoded - authored and burnt to dvd via some form of
software. Again depends on platform - Linux very difficult to achieve
so the commercial OS's being the choice. Check post for option this

Companies to do this for you, many check yellow pages. Cheap, depends
on your acceptance of goods and services to the value of end product,
which includes level of quality; nor is the equipment to achieve this.

> Worth while calling one, if only to get the chance to laugh at the
> price ...

Yep, and you work for fresh air, doubt it !!

I will just ring Sony see if they have some of those freebie
recording DV thingies going today.Bugger why not see about a funny
shape box that goes beep for a bag of fresh roasted nothing.

Cheers!
`Rob...