[plug] Old Linux within new linux

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 7 11:25:57 WST 2005

Install whatever linux into a chroot a la gentoo.  Then just open a
terminal, chroot it into the environment and do your thing.  If it needs
a gui, it still should be doable using a remote X on the local machine.

You may need use the older kernel for the main system if the app makes
use of kernel functions, but I have not had to to this - my stuff tends
to be gentoo architecture versions (K6 vs P3 etc).

You can preload libs for many apps, buts its less practical for dev
purposes.

BillK